We didn't waste any time. Plans were made the moment my air tickets were confirmed. The itinerary was solid, but I reminded MITH that I needed to be with my family as well. It was quite a battle to fight - being with my family and being with MITH. I'm back home right now, feeling a wee bit lonely as my husband left for work and the kids are already at school. It's quite surreal, 2 weeks zoomed by so quickly.
I was greeted at the airport by Mak Ros/Ibu, and was surprised to know she managed to keep it a secret till the very end! Alhamdulillah, being back home after 7 months feels more than just great. This would be the shortest interval between 2 yearly trips.
The very next day, we planned a BBQ dinner and all MITH contributed something (except Aya, but she had prior engagements and was forgiven). Siti came with her infamous Bone Steak, Kak Lyn with her very sedap lontong goreng, Sofy specially made eclairs, and at home, we whipped up stuffs I can barely remember now. We had tons of BBQ meat but the rain decided to pour down on us that d
ay, so all the meat went back upstairs and oven-grilled. MITH tried on all my dresses and we posed for Siti's camera. Each one of them got their kaftans and was delighted. Shoes, Pants, and I don't know what else was given out and at least half my baggage was gone by the end of the day! Glad everyone loved what they got, except one Miracle Fit Jeans Size 20 that no one could fit, lol. It was surely nice to see everyone - and I am very grateful all Spore MITH could make it :)
I think the next day - on Monday, I went to Changi Beach Club with Nurani to check out the function room of the event I organised. Aya met me there and we instantaneously fell in love with the idyllic location and beach front setting - it was perfect for a ladies' event. The kids had a short swim before we head off to badoque (the MITH verb for Overkill-Eating) at Changi Village.
On Tuesday, I planned to go out with Sofy, I don't even remember our initial plan, but it suddenly became, Jurong Bird Park where we had a few hours nice walk with the kids including Hasif who was fortunately not in school that day (due to ear infection). Siti got us the tickets from her workplace so it was FOC (thank u Siti). When our tummy starte
d grumbling, we left and headed down to Jurong Point. We still had time before we meet the other girls, so we went to Jurong Safra to let the kids shed off anymore of those hyper energy at The A-Maze. It wasn't long afterwards that Sofy and me decided to leave them and head to KBox! That was super fun! Even the very hi-tech "touchscreen" system couldn't break our spirits and we sang the hour away super- thrilled. We headed down to the A-Maze to our kids, but they were still so excited so we could leave them a few more minutes while we enjoy our $1 massage chair. Siti came over after work and also had a go at the massage chair. That was a big mistake. Sofy took a picture of her lying down in a very provocative manner and accidentally whatsapp it to her child's teacher!!! Embarrassing much! We left soon again to send Hasif back home and pick Rohaya along the way. Now we're almost complete except one Secretary Doris aka Lynn, who was still on the way. We ended up in Delifrance waiting for her, and continued our journey to look for the next best place to Badoque. It was somewhere under a void deck of a Jurong shophouse, we had Satay, rojak, mee goreng and I don't know what else. That was already late by the time we left, and I pitied the girls who had to work the next day :)
I was greeted at the airport by Mak Ros/Ibu, and was surprised to know she managed to keep it a secret till the very end! Alhamdulillah, being back home after 7 months feels more than just great. This would be the shortest interval between 2 yearly trips.
The very next day, we planned a BBQ dinner and all MITH contributed something (except Aya, but she had prior engagements and was forgiven). Siti came with her infamous Bone Steak, Kak Lyn with her very sedap lontong goreng, Sofy specially made eclairs, and at home, we whipped up stuffs I can barely remember now. We had tons of BBQ meat but the rain decided to pour down on us that d
ay, so all the meat went back upstairs and oven-grilled. MITH tried on all my dresses and we posed for Siti's camera. Each one of them got their kaftans and was delighted. Shoes, Pants, and I don't know what else was given out and at least half my baggage was gone by the end of the day! Glad everyone loved what they got, except one Miracle Fit Jeans Size 20 that no one could fit, lol. It was surely nice to see everyone - and I am very grateful all Spore MITH could make it :)I think the next day - on Monday, I went to Changi Beach Club with Nurani to check out the function room of the event I organised. Aya met me there and we instantaneously fell in love with the idyllic location and beach front setting - it was perfect for a ladies' event. The kids had a short swim before we head off to badoque (the MITH verb for Overkill-Eating) at Changi Village.
On Tuesday, I planned to go out with Sofy, I don't even remember our initial plan, but it suddenly became, Jurong Bird Park where we had a few hours nice walk with the kids including Hasif who was fortunately not in school that day (due to ear infection). Siti got us the tickets from her workplace so it was FOC (thank u Siti). When our tummy starte
d grumbling, we left and headed down to Jurong Point. We still had time before we meet the other girls, so we went to Jurong Safra to let the kids shed off anymore of those hyper energy at The A-Maze. It wasn't long afterwards that Sofy and me decided to leave them and head to KBox! That was super fun! Even the very hi-tech "touchscreen" system couldn't break our spirits and we sang the hour away super- thrilled. We headed down to the A-Maze to our kids, but they were still so excited so we could leave them a few more minutes while we enjoy our $1 massage chair. Siti came over after work and also had a go at the massage chair. That was a big mistake. Sofy took a picture of her lying down in a very provocative manner and accidentally whatsapp it to her child's teacher!!! Embarrassing much! We left soon again to send Hasif back home and pick Rohaya along the way. Now we're almost complete except one Secretary Doris aka Lynn, who was still on the way. We ended up in Delifrance waiting for her, and continued our journey to look for the next best place to Badoque. It was somewhere under a void deck of a Jurong shophouse, we had Satay, rojak, mee goreng and I don't know what else. That was already late by the time we left, and I pitied the girls who had to work the next day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment